Benihana Restaurant Manager - Full-Time in Pembroke Pines, Florida
# of Openings 1
Store # 3019
Doing Business As Ra Sushi Pembroke Pines
Business Unit RA Sushi Pembroke Pines Corp.
Position Type Full-Time
Responsible for managing the daily operations of the restaurant, including the selection, development and performance management of RA’ckers. Oversees inventory and ordering of food and supplies, optimize profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience.
Specific Job Duties:
• Oversees and manages all areas of the restaurant and makes final decisions on guest service issues.
• Investigates and resolves food quality and service complaints. Communicates with guests and employees to solve problems and ensures complete guest satisfaction.
• Inspects dining room, food receiving, preparation, production and storage areas to ensure health and safety regulations are being adhered to at all times
• Supervises cleaning and maintenance of equipment and arranges for repairs, contracts and other services.
• Maintains appropriate restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
• Ensures good safety practices of employees and guests throughout the restaurant. Assists in the maintenance of proper emergency and security procedures
• Coordinates the scheduling of departments.
• Responsible for all data entry to ensure it is accurate and completed in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with corporate office guidelines.
• Actively attracts, acquires and retains qualified employees
• Actively participates and leads store level events, initiatives and/or marketing activities.
• Follows all federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations outlined in the RA Employee Handbook
Food Safety and Planning:
• Ensures sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
• Ensures consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
• Supervises inventories and estimate food and beverage costs.
• Supervises portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
• Estimates food needs, place orders with distributors, and schedule the delivery of fresh food and supplies.
• Ensures the receipt of all orders to verify correct quantities and pricing.
• Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
• Reviews financial information such as sales and costs and monitors budgets to ensure efficient operation and that expenditures stay within budget limitations. Takes action to prevent deviation from budget
• Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
• Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting), employee and payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Provides direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
• Attracts, interviews, selects and hires hourly employees.
• Conducts new hire orientations, trains employees on the RA mission, culture and guest experience objectives.
• Develops employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
• Prepares schedules and ensure that the restaurant is staffed appropriately for all shifts.
Experience and Education:
• Must have minimum one year management or supervisory level experience in the restaurant, hospitality, tourism or commercial recreation industries or minimum one year as certified trainer at RA Sushi with solid performance and proven result or 6 months as a certified Key RA’cker with written Regional Manager Approval.
• Strong Business Acumen with proven results in driving sales, decreasing
• College degree is preferred. Bachelor of Science degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative.
• Working knowledge of POS Systems, Scheduling Tools and basic computer skills including Microsoft Office. Experience with Aloha, HotSchedules preferred.
• Ability to conduct gap analysis between desired and current state of expressed goals, based on business planning, knowledge of basic business operations, employee satisfaction, consumer satisfaction, and marketing effectiveness.
• High school diploma or GED Equivalent
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
• Must be eligible to work in the United States.
• Must submit to pre-employment screening.
• Serv Safe certified, alcohol service certified
Competencies, Knowledge and Skills:
Customer Service: Must possess excellent customer service skills. Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism when interacting with guests and dealing with guest complaints. Ability to monitor and anticipate guests’ needs and respond accordingly in an effort to maintain a positive and enjoyable dining experience.
Communication: Must possess excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills. Must be able to interpret nonverbal cues in an effort to identify and correct potential problems. Must be able to effectively communicate in English.
Interpersonal Relationships: Ability to adapt and interact with a diverse group of people. Ability to maintain a professional and courteous demeanor during stressful and/or busy times. Must be able to work as part of a team and recognize the importance of each team member’s role in the guest dining experience.
Physical Demands: Must be able to perform a variety of physical activities including, but not limited to, standing for long periods of time, climbing, walking, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 lbs. Ability to carry and lift cookware (pots, pans, etc) containing hot or cool foods and liquids. Repetitive hand and wrist motion may be required. Working with hot, cold and hazardous equipment as well as operate phones, computers and other office equipment.
Food Knowledge, Preparation, Production and Safety: Knowledge of industry standards on food storage and handling techniques is required. Must be able to clearly explain how food is prepared, cooked, and served to guests. Knowledge of hibachi and beverages is a plus.
Problem Solving and Conflict Management: Must exercise sound judgment and possess good problem solving skills. Must have the ability to recognize and resolve problems in an appropriate manner.
Leadership: Must possess self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing, pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance. Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards. Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems. Ability to recognize, maintain and understand the need for confidentiality and handling confidential company information.
Shift Flexibility: Must be able to work different shifts, include holidays, nights and weekends. Typical work week = 50 hours.